Laser removal of unwanted hair, or epilation, is one of the most popular procedures in aesthetic dermatology today. The procedure destroys the hair follicle, allowing you to permanently get rid of hair on your face, underarms, arms, back, legs, bikini area or any other desired area of the body and enjoy soft and smooth skin.
The specialists of Primum Estetica clinic perform epilation procedures with the new generation DEKA AGAIN (Italy) alexandrite laser. This laser is appreciated for its efficiency, fast operation, constant integrated cooling technology, which ensures comfort during the service.
DEKA AGAIN was named the best laser at the 2022 Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress (AMWC) in Monte Carlo (Monaco).
The DEKA AGAIN laser can remove hair from skin of different phototypes. It is also suitable for tanned skin, darker skin tones and people with thicker hair. The laser can remove hair with dark pigment, but there are no lasers yet that can remove grey or thin white hairs.
Laser waves penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and affect the melanin at the root of several or even several hairs at the same time. The laser light that detects the melanin is converted into heat and destroys the cells under the hair root that are responsible for hair growth.
What are the advantages of laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal has many advantages compared to other hair removal treatments:
- Long-lasting results: after a course of 4-6 treatments, you will only need to repeat them 1-2 times a year to maintain good results;
- Prevents hair ingrowth that often occurs with depilation procedures;
- Suitable for those with sensitive skin, as there is no irritation;
- Safe, as the laser only targets the unwanted hair and leaves the surrounding skin intact, which is often the case with, say, shaving;
- The procedure is quick, saving time;
- The procedure saves costs, as once the desired result is achieved, it is rarely needed, eliminating the need to invest in depilatory treatments and products;
- Unwanted hair can be removed with the laser on various areas of the face and body.
In which areas can laser hair removal be used?
Laser hair removal can be performed on all areas of the body except around the eyes.
Women usually remove unwanted hair from the upper lip, chin, cheeks as well as the underarms, bikini line and leg hair removal. Men want to get rid of hair on the shoulders, back, chest and abdomen.
What is the duration of the procedure?
The duration of the treatment depends very much on the size of the skin area chosen and can take from a few to several dozen minutes.
Is the procedure painful?
Each laser pulse causes a tingling and warm sensation. A modern integrated cooling system provides additional skin protection during laser hair removal. Before each laser pulse, the system cools the epidermis, the upper layer of the skin. This feature of the laser eliminates the need for any cooling gels, making the procedure more tolerable and achieving better results.
How many treatments are needed to achieve a good result?
On average, 4-6 laser hair removal treatments are needed to achieve maximum results. These are repeated every 4-8 weeks. A reduction in hairiness is visible after the first treatment.
The treatments are repeated because it is only during the active growth phase that the hair is sensitive to the laser light. Since hair grows at different rates in different areas, the procedure has to be repeated to remove as many hairs as possible.
Over time, the number of hairs decreases, some of them are removed permanently and the remaining ones become thinner, barely visible and less uncomfortable. Thereafter, 1-2 treatments per year are carried out to maintain the result.
How to prepare for the procedure?
If you are planning a laser hair removal procedure:
- Do not sunbathe in the sun or in a solarium for 2-3 weeks before the procedure;
- If you spend a lot of time in the sun, use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher;
- Do not use self-tanning creams for 2-3 weeks before the laser hair removal procedure;
- Do not pluck or wax your hair for 2-4 weeks before the treatment, as plucking your hair reduces the effect of the laser;
- Do not use creams with fragrances or acidic washes for 1 week before the treatment;
- Shave your hair the day before the procedure or the same day in the area chosen for hair removal (no waxing, no plucking).
How do I care for my skin after the procedure?
During the consultation and after the procedure, the specialist explains how to take care of your skin at home, what products to use and what to avoid. Usually recommended:
- Avoid sunbathing or sunbeds for 4 weeks after the procedure, and use a cream with SPF 50 protection on exposed areas of the body;
- Avoid saunas, saunas, water activities with high temperatures for 2-3 days after the treatment;
- Use creams, lotions and other products that do not contain alcohol (spirits);
- Use skin care products recommended by the professional who carried out the treatment.
When should laser hair removal not be performed?
The answer to whether laser hair removal can be performed will be given by the specialist after assessing the condition of the skin.
Laser hair removal is not recommended if the skin is irritated, irritated, or has a blister or other skin virus, or if the procedure is to be performed on the face.
Laser hair removal is also not recommended for areas of the skin where there are tattoos or traces of permanent make-up.
The procedure is contraindicated for pregnant and nursing women.
What is the cost of laser hair removal?
The exact price will be told to you by the specialist during your consultation, as it depends on the areas of the skin chosen for hair removal. For full prices and current promotions, please see the bottom of this page